Phyllis Gernhardt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8130
- Doctor of Philosophy in History – Bowling Green State University
- Master of Arts in History – Ball State University
- Bachelor of Arts in History and English – The University of Texas at Tyler
- Consultant for local history societies
- Academic adviser for History majors and Social Studies Secondary Education majors
- Previously served as chair of the Department of History and Social Sciences
- Serves on several University of Saint Francis committees
- Currently serves as director of the School of Liberal Arts Center for Academic Excellence and Scholarship
- Gernhardt, P. (2006). ‘Justice and Public Policy’: Indian Trade, Treaties, and Removal from Northern Indiana, 1826-1846. In D.P. Barr (Ed.), The Boundaries between Us. Kent, Ohio: The Kent State University Press.
- Several book reviews and conference presentations
- Society for Historians of the Early American Republic
- Allen County-Fort Wayne Historical Society
- Indiana Historical Society
- American Society for Ethnohistory
- 19th century American frontier and west, particularly focusing on Native Americans in the Great Lakes region and Indian policy
View Phyllis Gernhardt’s curriculum vitae.